Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tea set from Marie

While I've never worked in 1:6 (play/Barbie scale), Marie had told me she was bringing out this incredible tea set made from quail eggs for me. She picked it up at the Peace River Put and Take awhile back. (She even went back and picked up the broken cup in the hope that I would be able to use bits of it.)




Robert, bless his heart, said, "Now you have to make something to put it on and find something to put it in." I already have this lantern so think I'll make a 1:6 table to go in it, wallpaper the back (so the damage to the sugar bowl won't be quite so evident and that will be my vignette. Maybe put a picture on the wall....that's the plan so far at least.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is mind blowing! Fantastic set made out of quail eggs. You must take extra good care of this delicate set.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love it. I've tucked it away in the lantern for now so it will be safe.
      I am SO blessed to have a sister who is always on the lookout for things like this for me.
      Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas.
      Maureen

      Delete