Sunday, December 17, 2017

Elizabeth's dollhouse 2

Why do I never think to put rubber gloves on until  my hands are covered with paint?!? The idiot in me, I guess.

I got the two corner moldings cut first since I wanted to paint them first. Did not too badly considering it was the first time I've used a Skil saw in ages. Panicked a bit when I couldn't find my white spray paint but it was just tucked away behind some others so all was well.

Hung a plastic sheet in the bathtub so I could paint in there. I hate spray paint! But finally got them painted...but will need another coat. So glad I did that first.

Goo Gone took off most of the paint on my hands and  the remainder is dry enough that I can work.

Glued the upper stairwell in place with wood glue.

Now to go from room to room and fix all the wallpaper!

What a nightmare! Don't know how I would have managed at all without the glue spreader. Some of the loose pieces were by doors or the front edge so I could put in a piece of wood and clamp the wallpaper in place but some were in odd spots that required my fingers to do the clamping.

Not to mention that I have to take my glasses off to see what I'm doing!



Still have to tackle one more place in this corner.
Fortunately, the wallpaper on the first floor is in pretty good shape and the only pieces that need to be glued can be clamped.

All but one spot on the first floor is glued and clamped. Will get the other done when the glue has dried on the first pieces.

All the curtains have been washed and are drying. When that's done, I'll put them back on the rods and hang them.

...And pronounce the inside done.

Then I'll tackle the roof.

That will just leave the outside to wash, repair the front door, add the missing shutter and a few other odds and ends.

After that, I'll go through the furniture I picked up for it and see if there's anything to add from my stash.

Hope to get the roof done today.

2 comments:

  1. Ick, spray paint. Hate that stuff. Goes everywhere but where you want it.

    And you're not the only one with rubber gloves safely in a box where they will never be besmirched with paint.

    ReplyDelete