Thursday, October 5, 2017

One of our favourite days..Art Days at Leo Nickerson Elementary.

On Friday, September 29, Joanne and I went to Leo Nickerson School to take part in their Arts Day as we have for several years now as representatives of the Miniature Enthusiasts of Edmonton Club.

We spent the day there from 10 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.

This year, we had two tables across from each other. On the left, Joanne had the club's Canada 150 display which was a huge hit!. In addition, she displayed her 1:48 truck trailer kit which was SO wonderful and another 1:144 display.



On the right side of the hallway, I displayed (from the left) the miniature of the Leo Nickerson School Art Room, a child's bedroom which was the draw open to the students, and my Christmas Shop.



The Art Room that I made in 2011 for a silent auction at Leo Nickerson is still an attention-getter! Students look at it quizzically, then recognize it even after the changes over the years. Love that!

The middle room is the one that was made for a draw for the students. The young lady who won it was so surprised and excited! (Can't show you the picture but I saw it and it was great!)

My Christmas Shop is always a great display! The children love the detail of it.



1 comment:

  1. I bet the children were delighted and inspired. I'd not seen the Christmas shop before and am amazed at the detail. I think the bread bin (on old post) would have made a great Hansel and Gretel theme, thanks for all your posts

    ReplyDelete