Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Kitchen 2

Thanks to my dear friend, Trineke, who sent me a lovely email telling how some of my problems in mini had been solved in their RL kitchen, I'm now sort of on track with the lower cabinets.

Then Joanne was over today and we discussed some ideas I have for the upper cabinets. These are a problem as I don't have enough ready-made cabinets so will have to fit cabinets where I can and make some additional pieces such as a microwave shelf and a stove hood. But it's almost coming together in my head. Unfortunately that can be a slow process and I can't proceed until it all comes together.

In the meantime, I need to go to Quiltessentials (a quilt shop just down the street) to get some fabric for the outside of the roombox. I hate decorating the outside of roomboxes so I've done several of them lately with fabric. Carol's quilt shop and the nursery celebrating Elizabeth's birth. I also did the outside of the Music Room for Grahame with a great fabric with swirls of musical notes and clefs - all three fabrics from Quiltessentials. Field trip with Joanne!

I'm SO looking forward to getting all these things finished so I can actually fill the fridge and cupboards. I have four cork bulletin boards covered with food, dishes, cutlery, utensils, pots and pans to choose from. Which is sort of silly, in a way, because virtually none of these things will be seen in the final roombox.

With that in mind, I think (for display at the Show) most everything will be behind closed doors but I'll make a small photo album showing the contents of each piece. And, of course, for private viewing, I'll remove the plexiglass front and allow people to open things to see what's behind the doors. In any event, I'll know what's there.


No comments:

Post a Comment