Saturday, July 15, 2017

new project 1 1/2

In my last post, I mentioned that I had decided to use the box only from Samm Brockhurst's book box kit to highlight a couple things I bought from Lorry's Estate Sale. Many of the items from Lorry's sale were for a kitchen and I have plans for those....but I did get a wonderful table that former MEE member, Gilbert Funk, had made and also a battery ceiling fixture. Gilbert's table is a very early piece that I think deserves special attention and this box is perfect for it.

A few years ago, I bought a beautiful vase (unsigned) of roses and daisies at the Calgary Doll Show. I always thought the roses were white but this afternoon Joanne informed me they were yellow! - and she was right!

Which is quite appropriate as "Bright, cheerful and joyful are what come to mind when thinking of a yellow rose. Yellow roses create warm feelings and provide happiness. Giving yellow roses can tell someone the joy they bring you and the friendship you share."
( www.passiongrowers.com>web>colors )

Since then, I've had all these ideas rolling around in my mind. Wanted to wallpaper before I put the box together but just couldn't find the right paper.

So Joanne came over this afternoon  to look after some MEE business (and a long overdue LONG visit) - not to mention getting out of the heat. We looked at a couple possible wallpapers and none of them worked.

But after she left, I went through my other wallpapers and found four possibles:

a burgundy tissue that worked over the manila brown of the gatorboard

Sort of liked this one as the cream and gold worked with the table and flowers

This didn't photograph well. It's white with pinstripes of red and blue. To both our minds, the best.

Too strong - washes out the strength of the table and flowers.
Well, we settled on the pink/blue pinstripe for the walls...just a hint of a pattern but nothing that overwhelms the furniture. The flooring that Samm provided and a piece of white cardstock for the ceiling.

I got out my YES glue and installed all the papers and kept them under books until all the glue was sealed.

Hopefully, I'll get this put together tomorrow and get the frame for the plexiglass in place.

We'll see - as tomorrow Leanne and I are planning on going to IKEA to pick up the HEMNES sideboard for the back wall of the dining room...and if that happens, I'll probably spend my time assembling that.

But am SORT OF back in the groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment