Thursday, March 9, 2017

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC Garth Brooks...and where it all lead

DD Leanne is a  BIG TIME Garth Brooks fan and, as such, was interviewed by the Edmonton Journal

THEN This happened:

"Got a phone call at work from a wonderful lady who recognized my last name in the journal article....she grew up with my cousins, Bea Findlay, and her parents were friends with my grandparents. She was telling me stories about visiting my family's farm, the time that my dad stayed with her family while he finished high school, and teaching my brother Sunday school. She apologized for taking up my time and I had to reassure her that the phone call was an amazing gift as I was hearing stores I never knew. The article didn't lead to me meeting Garth, but this phone call was so much more precious than anything I could have ever imagined."

No comments:

Post a Comment