Saturday, December 17, 2016

RIP Monica "Peaches" Lavoie

With great sadness, I am reporting the passing last night of Monica "Peaches" Lavoie.

Peaches was a member of MEE for some years until she and her husband moved to BC to live 'off-grid'.

A lovely, friendly, young woman, Peaches taught many of us in the club to make flowers and she continued to make kits and flowers for miniaturists all over the world.

One of my treasured minis is this 12" birch tree that the school commissioned Peaches to make for me when I retired. There is a bird at its nest, a dragonfly and a butterfly on the branches.


When my nephew, Chris, married, Peaches made the flowers from wedding pictures for the vignette I made to commemorate the occasion. You can see it here. They were perfect!

My prayers and sympathy goes to her family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment