Saturday, September 24, 2016

My S&S purchases, a gift from DS Marie, Mom

I really showed great restraint this year. (Like I really needed anything! Those of you who have actually seen my workroom know I don't NEED anything. LOL)

Well, I can always use another Christmas tree from the Jane Mills Collection! And this is quite lovely although I still haven't used my can of compressed air to clean it.
 Bought this great little copy machine from Littles by Irene. When you turn it on, the white piece on top moves back and forth!
 The next three pictures are also from the Jane Mills Collection:
Two plants by Connie Stitt:
 Velvet lined box and a vanity mirror:
And this lovely pot by Marie Luce Pelletier. Thrilled to get it!

This precious piece was a gift from dealer, Judy Mitchell. It's just so wonderfully detailed.

The nutcracker and the vanity pieces, also by Judy, were gifts from Barbara W. The nutcracker will go in the Christmas Shop and the vanity pieces will go in the green bedroom when I finally get back to working on it.

I also bought a 3" turntable from Luba Barnes. I don't often do very small pieces but it'll come in handy at some point. And Karen, who was helping Luba at her table, mentioned that a turntable is great for painting pieces - so may use it for that.

My DS Marie was out to see Mom and brought me these stir sticks with wonderful 1" Christmas trees on the top. They may end up in the Christmas Shop or as table top Christmas trees in the Christmas box I'll be doing to give away at our Christmas potluck dinner. OR I could use them on the tables I've been doing to go as favours to people who receive Meals on Wheels. Lots of possibilities!


Mom developed pneumonia on Monday and gave us a terrible fright. She's much improved but still not 100%. She will not be able to return to her apartment but will have to go into assisted living. It's hard to see her looking so tiny and frail. Thanks to all of you who have inquired and sent good wishes.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear she's doing a bit better-You and your Mom are in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete