Tuesday, May 31, 2016

"Look - a book"

There's a great meme out there with a woman who has work to do - then "look - there's a book"! I can't find it to stick in here but it's what happened today.

As a board member, I had to watch the door today while a contractor kept it open while he did his work. So I had to get a book from the 20 or so under my coffee table to read while I did that.

Grabbed "One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd" by Jim Fergus. The author's note at the beginning says: "In spite of efforts to convince the reader to the contrary, this book is entirely a work of fiction." Well, the author did convince me to the contrary and I just felt so incredibly involved in these women's lives that I couldn't put the book down until well after the deadline for posting on the blog for today. The attitudes toward women, Native Americans and African Americans at the time (1875-76) are very well written.

No comments:

Post a Comment