Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

I had expected/hoped to list my plans for minis for this year today but that's a long post that I'll try to get to it soon.

Today (New Year's Day), Joanne and I attended the Lieutenant-Governor's New Year's Levee. We had both read about it in years past and when she suggested it a couple days ago, decided it would be interesting. We were even on CTV News tonight! (at about 7:15)  Still not too sure how Joanne's mother spotted us as we're on screen in the line so briefly!

Was just thinking about how long we've known each other. We met through Small Stuff  Digest at a time when the decorative tooth picks became all the rage. They were available at WalMart in the U.S. and WalMart has just opened up in St. Albert. She had posted on SSD that she had been to WalMart here and that the toothpicks were not available. I emailed her a thanks for posting as it saved me a trip and we discovered that we lived just blocks away from each other.

We corresponded for a short while then she walked over to my place. (This was in 2002 as I had just completed my "This is your life" miniature for my Mom.) I cannot believe that it was that short of time ago as I feel like I have known her all my life.

She invited me to a MEE summer meeting at Cathy's, then to my first MEE meeting.

Over the years, we have become great friends both inside and outside our love for miniatures. We are now president and vice-president of MEE and co-chairs of the Show and Sale Committee.

But we also have tickets to the Citadel and Reel Monday. We go shopping together, especially at Dollarama.

We work together on StarFest for the St. Albert Public Library.

We try new foods and experiences, such as the Levee.

She is, truly, my "sister" and I am so thankful that we met.








No comments:

Post a Comment