Monday, January 5, 2015

Busy Bee Tools

Joanne's and my plans for a shopping trip on Friday were cancelled by a big snow storm. But we decided to tackle the cold on Saturday. After some grocery shopping, we decided to go to Busy Bee Tools, a company we had heard about on the Yahoo group Canada Minis. (Only 8 blocks from Lee Valley, it was easy to find!)

I was thrilled to find three of these corner clamps for only $3.99 each. (Vern had given me one of these years ago and I find it invaluable for gluing items at right angles. I had looked for them at Patricia Auto with no luck.) The aluminum triangle is a bit thick but for $3.50, thought I'd get it anyway.


I buy my Weldbond glue in a large bottle so I wanted a smaller, more manageable bottle for it. Also thought I'd get the other bottle with its fine applicator to get into very small, tight places.

I also got a 7 1/2" x 10 1/2" magnifying sheet for $3.99.

Busy Bee has stores in four provinces (BC, Alberta, Ontario and Nova Scotia) and has mail order accessibility.

Just FYI: after we did our shopping, we went to see the movie, "The Imitation Game" with Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing, the genius who was head/part of the team that broke the Enigma code during WWII. I was totally impressed with the movie itself and especially with Cumberbatch's role as Turing. If he doesn't get an Oscar nomination, something is wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment