Monday, November 24, 2014

Random Act of Kindness

On Friday morning, Joanne, Sunni and I went to the Make It craft sale at the Enjoy Centre.

Parking is such a problem that we went at 9:00 (got a great spot!) and looked around the Enjoy Centre and had some tea before the sale opened.

The last time we were there they had run out of the flamingos so I picked up a couple this time. (I finally spotted the one I knew I had in the plant stall I did for our Little Fair on the Prairie display two years ago.) But these are so much more vivid that I wanted them for my Christmas shop. Sounds like a strange choice for a Christmas shop but my DBIL Grahame has this thing for pink flamingos and even topped their Christmas tree with one a few years ago so had to have them! Haven't put them in the Christmas shop yet but will get around to it soon.

The Make It sale was good although I don't generally buy anything ... really trying to downsize.

The one thing, though, that I cannot resist is miniature art! Think I may have to make another Art Gallery. I have so much art that didn't make it into the first one and I keep buying new pieces.

This is a set of four 2" x 2" magnet sets by North Birch Grove. Love them!

BUT the highlight of my day was this pen and ink drawing by Lois Bienvenue of Vegreville!


With the mat, it's 4 3/16" x 3 3/16". Unmatted, it's 3 1/4" x 2 1/4". I fell in love with it! Lois was talking with a couple (my condo neighbours, actually) so I waited until she was free as the picture was framed in 3/4" barnboard and I was hoping to get it unframed. I told her what I wanted it for and she looked around...then took it from the frame and said, "Merry Christmas!" What a wonderful gift!
I am blessed/thrilled!

I have to think about another Art Gallery!

This cold has really got me down. I don't feel 'sick' but I'm just so tired....Definitely, my 'get up and go' has 'got up and went'.

Today I thought of a little project that might (1) use up some of my stash and (2) get me enthused about working with minis again. I hope that tomorrow I'll be able to show you something.



No comments:

Post a Comment