Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Back to Mini-ing

Between preparing for the Show and Sale on Sunday and things going on around the condo, it's been a long time since I've done any actual mini-ing - let alone posting about it.

So yesterday, I decided I would work on a Sue Ann (Ladybug) Thwaite pocket watch kit that I bought from Bonnie's estate. Thought, well, I've got the kit and great instructions - should be able to finish this in a day.

All the pieces....

Painted the base brown

Covered it with grass

Got the tree covered with foliage
I put the tree in the base and OH NO! this is not going to work. A half inch fairy is supposed to be on a swing from the lowest branch of the tree and the lowest branch of this tree is only 1/4" from the base.

SO frustrating! Dead stop! I think I'll make a new tree base from the wire that I bought from Connie Stitt but that isn't going to happen right away so this is on hold for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment