Saturday, August 2, 2014

Fabric display table

As mentioned in my last post, the original plan was to put the Christmas fabric bolts upright on a round table. Then I realized that would be quite tall and would block the sight line to the back of the room. So I decided to lay the fabric bolts horizontally rather than vertically.

For the table legs, I have four Houseworks balusters #7025. I've cut a 4 1/4" x 2" base of 1/16" basswood; two sides 4 1/4" x 7/8" and two end pieces 2" x 7/8" (also 1/16" basswood).


Stained all the pieces. (Even remembered to wear a glove on my left hand LOL.)


Using wood glue (and my wonderful Brockhurst gluing jig), I attached the legs to both ends of the side pieces.

I wanted the table base about mid-point to keep the bolts in place. To make sure the base goes in evenly, I'm using Lego blocks.

Here, with the legs upside down, the base and the end panels are glued in place.

When that glue has dried, the second side panel and legs can be added.

Turned right side up:

With the fabric bolts added:

In place in the shop itself!

3 comments:

  1. Once again you`re on with a "smashing" great roombox, my dear friend.
    The Fabric Display Table is great.
    I had to find an idea for the sewing lady in the Ladies Shophouse and this idea is perfect!!! Thank you.
    Take care dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this table. I can imagine that you could adapt it into other types of tables too. Maybe a glass top display as well. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use a glass top - never occurred to me.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete