Sunday, March 23, 2014

A lightbulb moment!!

Pun intended!

Way back in November I started work on a music room but I got totally stalled with lighting it!

The area behind the bay window is 'landscaped' so I have to have lighting back there. So I ordered some LED lighting from Liz at Grandpa's Dollhouse for that area.



At the Bowmanville Show, I bought the wonderful battery operated light fixture below (middle of the bottom row).


It's perfect in style but it's totally dwarfed by the size of the room. 

So on Saturday I was reading the Home section of the Edmonton Journal and right there on the front page was an article on pendant lighting with a picture that just screamed at me, "There's your answer!"

I started digging for supplies from my stash and I believe I have a plan in place. But I promised myself I wouldn't start work on it until I got the Christmas Shop pictures up on Fotki.

Now that I've accomplished that, I'm calling it a day but will start work on this tomorrow. If this all comes together as I hope, this room could be finished (or very close to) by this time next week. I foresee a couple problems since the room is all papered on the inside and covered with fabric on the outside but am mulling those in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment