Wednesday, October 2, 2013

How do I...?

Since I don`t `do`Twitter or all those other `modern`things....how do I possibly contact Melissa Mayer, the most recent CEO of Yahoo! and tell her how her programmers have totally fouled up Yahoo Groups for those of us have used them for years.

I guess, in the rush to attract all the much younger demographic, with all their smart phones,  i-phones and i-pads and the hundreds of apps available, the programmers have forgotten about all of us who don`t have/do those things.

I think, perhaps, in all this rush to `fix`all this, Melissa may have missed something:

Facebook and most of the Yahoo! groups have different demographics and different aims.

Has she not heard the phrase If it isn`t broken, don`t fix it!

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree. It is so frustrating sometimes. At least we have our minis to calm us down
    Regards
    Diane
    http://myminiaturesjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Diane, at least we have our miniatures...but if our groups disappear because we tire of fighting with all of Yahoo's "improvements", our lives will be poorer for that.
      Maureen

      Delete
  2. Yahoo introduced its' facebook lookalike a few years back but met with so much consumer resistance they withdrew it. It is unfortunate that they feel the need to change yet again. I've close my own yahoo group, the new format is unworkable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,
      Doesn't look like they're going to back down this time...and what a shame!
      I haven't been NEO'ed yet but most of the groups I belong to have and although I like to think of myself as pretty computer savvy there are just too many bugs to feel comfortable with NEO.
      Just have to wait and see I guess.
      Maureen

      Delete