Saturday, July 20, 2013

Not ANOTHER Project?!!!?

Oh! (Expletive - your choice!) VBG

One of my great purchases at the Estate Sale was the bare bones Brooke Tucker "Things My Teacher Taught Me".

This will need a lot of work but I know what it will be...eventually...

Remember, I bought that beautiful small chord organ by Penny Spencer at the Estate Sale and put it in the Victorian Parlour to replace the grand piano so I could put my Victorian lady by Judy Mitchell in the parlour. (BTW, Judy was over the other day and loved what I had done with the doll!)


Of course, that left me with the grand piano...

So I decided to turn the Brooke Tucker room into a music room eventually...



I've tentatively put some Victorian furniture in there (not going to work) the piano, a music stand, saxaphone, guitar, flute, (have to make stands for the sax and guitar), have a clarinet somewhere.

I don't have wallpaper to match the existing wall so that will either have to be redone or the walls will have to be painted to match.

Want to do a really great garden view through the bay window...using a paper tole effect.

This would be a wonderful room for my Phyllis Tucker chandelier!!

It will be very interesting to see how the original thought transitions into the completed project....



2 comments:

  1. Hi Maureen! Your ideas are 'a churnin' and I can see that this is going to be a really great project! I think that the grand piano fits quite nicely in the corner and the color of the wood looks great with the walls, so it seems that you are off to a real good start! Have fun!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The narrative style of your blog cracks me up Maureen! When you say Darn! I meant to do this but this other intriguing project caught my attention instead...I think we can all relate to that :)

    ReplyDelete