Friday, May 10, 2013

Possible new book of Kupjack Miniatures

You'll recall how excited I was to finally see the Thorne Rooms while I was in Chicago. Eugene Kupjack was the major artisan on the 37 American rooms in the collection. Although he died in 1991 at the age of 79, his sons, Henry (Hank) and Jay have kept the studio bearing his name active. Aside from the Thorne Rooms, there are approximately 600 Kupjack rooms in existence. (A few years ago, some members of our miniature club were lucky enough to actually meet Hank at the Kupjack Studios. Sadly, I wasn't one of them...)

One of the pieces of literature available at the Tom Bishop Chicago International Show was this letter from Henry Kupjack who is attempting to raise funds through the arts project fundraising website Kickstarter. The expected cost of publishing the book is $100,000.


You can be involved in the project for a donation as little as $1.00 or, if you win the lottery, you could donate the entire $100,000. VBG  Much like a PBS fundraiser, there are 'gifts' for various levels of donation. The difference with Kickstarter is that your donation isn't processed until the full goal is reached.

So far, almost $6,000 has been pledged BUT there are only 14 days left in the campaign.

To learn more check it out.

I have made a $50.00 donation and if the project comes together, I'll receive a soft-cover copy of the book.

This is a really important project to me. I think that the Kupjack legacy deserves to be preserved in a book as opposed to piecemeal recognition in miniature magazines.

But I, like so many miniaturists, don't have much disposable income. So I really welcome the opportunity to be part of this.

Oh, my, can you just imagine being able to donate $500 and getting a limited edition Kupjack piece?

We all have our 'miniature money' priorities and if this is not one of your choices or abilities, I totally recognize that.

But it is important to me to let you know that the option is there.

Maureen





No comments:

Post a Comment