Thursday, February 28, 2013

GO, Team Canada! Junior Men's World Curling Championships!

Well, so far, Team Canada (from Manitoba with Matt Dunstone, grand-nephew as skip) has won two of twelve games in Sochi, Russia! There's an 11 hour time difference so some of the games are at 3 a.m. and I won't be up to "watch" them. But several others are at 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. so will follow many of them . When the guys played in the Canadian finals in Fort McMurray, all we could follow was the end by end results but what we're getting from Sochi are the pictures (through Sweden Thank You) of the house after each rock is thrown so it's hard not to keep watching for the results of each shot....whereas in Fort McMurray I could set a timer and go back to the computer every 10-odd minutes to get the result for that end.

I know that Matt's Mom, Wendi, and his Dad, Dean, and  both sets of grandparents, (as well as all the extended family) would have loved to be in Russia cheering the team on but it just was not possible! There was no way family members could get visas that quickly. (Which I think is really sad - and just a very political thing.)

So I guess I have to move my current projects nearer to my computer so I can keep working on them AND follow the team.








No comments:

Post a Comment