Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mini Day Out

It has been SO long since we had a Mini Day Out and I had forgotten how much I enjoy them. Smaller crowd than usual this time, only 15 of us) but several were newer members of M.E.E and one was a former member whom we haven't seen for some time. Most were working on some aspect of the attic project.

Three were bricking their chimneys using the Bromley stencils. This is one of the best looking brick finishes I've ever seen.

(Same old story, took my camera but forgot to take pictures.)

Passed on Joann Swanson's method of making siding from foam core. That was well received.

Erika had a nice little wing chair kit that she had pulled from her stash. Natasha was quite taken with it so I found the instructions for making a wing chair in Joan McElroy's "Dollshouse Furniture Book". It was one of the first pieces of furniture I ever made.




This was one of the first books I ever bought and it's still one of the best!

Once the decision had been made not to include a chimney on my attic, I was able to finish siding the outside. Did that late Friday night and managed to get it painted on Saturday. Still have to put siding on the gable and paint that.


Right angle molding to cover the corners.



If anyone is interested in doing an attic, there are instructions for two great attics in Nutshell News. Joann Swanson's attic project is on page 76 of the July, 1987, issue and Ann Maselli has plans for one on page 70 of the April, 1983 issue. Ann's is closed to the one we're doing as it has the gable although her's is on the side of the roof rather than centred.

3 comments:

  1. I had such a good time at the Mini Day out! Everyone was so friendly and helpful and full of advice. And I loved seeing your workroom and collection of projects. I felt like a kid in a candy store.
    Mini Hugs,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, it was such a good time to meet and spend time with you. I'm sorry that I didn't get back to the room to say goodbye. Maureen

      Delete
  2. I had a great day..thank you to all! Especially Lucille for the ride and brick stencils! LOVE my chair pattern..the material is PERFECT! Always enjoy your gatherings Maureen! See you soon! xo

    ReplyDelete