Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Picnic table

Tina put together this great little workshop to make a picnic table from popsicle sticks and tongue depressors. It took a while to cut out all the pieces and sand them but I got that done last night.


The diagram shows only six slats for the table top but as Tina put it, "that left gaps that a coffee cup would fall through" so she added a seventh.

All the pieces stained.

At least I remembered to put on a rubber glove before I started staining. All too often I forget this! VBG

I could have sworn I took a picture of the table legs and seat supports. Guess not! Here's the assembled table top. I used a folded piece of card stock to space the slats.

Legs glued in place.


Seat slats in place.

Ready to picnic with hot dog, hamburger, potato salad, potato chips and Heinz ketchup. The Ketchup bottle was made by Susan P. in Fredericton, NB, from an single use eye drop container. Not sure if that's the exact one she used but it looks like it might be.


No comments:

Post a Comment