Saturday, January 7, 2012

Grandpa's Dollhouse, stove burner from razor. Bombay house bedroom


My friend, Liz Dieleman, of Grandpa's Dollhouse just announced their new website on two of the online groups I belong to (announcement below). I've been lucky enough to meet Liz a couple times and have purchased from her - great gal and great service!

Here at Grandpa's Doll House, we are welcoming the new year with a brand new website!! Please check out the new site. When you do, we would love it if you could register so that we can notify you of all of the wonderful things happening here.

For instance, we will be doing a repeat of last year's Daily Deal, when you can order deeply discounted items and we will store them until the end of the month for you.  We will then ship them to you in one batch, saving you $$$ on shipping and making it possible for you to enjoy your passion for miniatures for LESS! The DAILY FEATURE ITEM will appear every day from January 6 – February 6, 2012. If you wish to purchase this item, please call or email us and ask us to put it aside for you. (Please DO NOT put this item in your shopping cart online as it will not be held for you at the special price unless you call or email us…………..please note that last year these items sold out quickly) You can continue to add items from the DAILY FEATURE ITEM or regular stock, as you wish, until the end of the month. Then we will tally your total with shipping and applicable taxes and send you an invoice. Once payment is received, we will mail your order to you promptly. Consolidating your order saves you $$$ on shipping. Please let us know if you have any questions. 


Well, of course, I had to go take a look and order a couple of her first Daily Deals...and got a lovely e-mail back acknowledging the order AND telling me that I had won a free $10.00 grab bag of miniatures specially hand picked just for me for being the first person to place an order in the 2012 Daily Deal feature with our new website.

I am just thrilled!

My DS Marie and her husband were here yesterday (on their way to a Mexican holiday). She has quite a mini eye (she's the one who gave me the brass tall case clock for Christmas) and brought me the head from Robert's old electric razor. I immediately saw burners for an electric stove. She had seen that - plus she thought they might be used as tricycle wheels!


Finally did a very small bit of work on the Bombay house bedroom. I wallpapered a piece of matboard for the right hand wall. I still haven't decided which paper to use so I papered both sides of the matboard - one side in a black and white pattern from DeSerres and the other in a red handmade paper from Dollarama. All the furniture for the room is glossy black and I have a white carpet for the floor.



I have crown molding to be installed in the room and if, when I put it on that right hand side, I glue it only to the ceiling, I could install the matboard so it can be reversed depending on what wallpaper suits my mood. Something to think about anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment