Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kudos to Barb!

My friend and neighbour, Barb R., just finished knitting forty pair of mittens and forty toques for a class of students at St. Catherine's School in Edmonton's inner city. That is such an incredible gift!

Now she is going to start knitting scarves for the 650 Special Olympic athletes who will be competing in St. Albert and Jasper February 28 to March 3. The goal is to present a handmade scarf to each of the athletes, coaches, and family supporters (all 2500 of them). If you're interested, you can read more about this project and how to contribute here.

I did sneak a little mini-ing in today. I am a HUGE fan of Chrysnbon kits, especially the bathroom accessories...


Used my Pilot gold pen to finish most pieces, Sharpie red pen for some others, and nail polish to paint the toothbrush handles.

Still haven't finished cleaning my workroom but did get a good start on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment