Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shopping

DD Leanne and I spent the better part of yesterday shopping. More to spend the day together than actually shopping.

One of our stops was at Michael's where we got 25% off everything including sale items! Plus I had a 40% off coupon good on one item. Picked up a bottle of Crafters' Pick Ultimate glue as I'm just about out and it's my glue of choice these days. Also got three pieces of 1/16 x 4 x 24 basswood. I do NOT like the basswood from their new supplier Revell but it's the only game in town. The cashier made it quite clear that I wasn't the first person to complain. Guess I'll have to find an address for Michael's and write a letter.

We did find a great bargain at Staples. Our coffee table has a top that lifts up for meals or crafting or using a laptop. Looks like the first one third row here. We found one at Staples on sale for $129 (an incredible bargain). Couldn't find it on their website but it's similar to this one but has an additional shelf across the bottom.

The other day when Joanne and I were at Dollarama we spotted 19" x 10.5' rolls of polyester tissue fabric ($2) similar to rolls of 5" wide ribbon I had bought there previously. Wonderful stuff in that it absolutely does not fray when cut but, unfortunately, because it's polyester doesn't take a pleat. Otherwise it would be great for sheer curtains in mini.

So I passed on it at the time but later had one of those just before falling asleep light bulb moments and thought it would make some great long skirts for Holly for the Tickle Trunk - or maybe even a tutu if I fold it in half and gather along the fold line. So Leanne and I picked up two rolls of it yesterday, the red above and a silver. Have to dig out the sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment